Thursday, November 5, 2009

Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry

Things you’ll need:
• 1 lb Beef for Stir Fry (HEB sells it like this)
• 1 package “Sun Bird” Beef and Broccoli mix (in the Asian foods section of HEB *yellow package
• Vegetable oil and Soy Sauce for mix above
• 1-2 cups Frozen or Fresh Broccoli (I use frozen)
• 1 can sliced water chestnuts (I add this because I like them; also in the Asian section of HEB)
• Minute Rice (I get Minute Brown Rice, but either is fine
• HEB White Meat Chicken Egg Rolls (The best egg rolls I’ve ever eaten)

How to:
1.) Heat oven according to egg roll package (I use our small toaster oven) and put in egg rolls (they cook for like 20 minutes).
2.) If using frozen broccoli place it in microwaveable bowl with small amount of water and heat for 2 minutes, stir, then heat another minute until tender.
3.) Place amount of minute rice/water per instructions on box into microwaveable dish (I use a casserole dish with glass lid) and cook per instructions on box.
4.) Make Beef and Broccoli per instructions on package (I omit onions and add drained water chestnuts and a little onion powder).
5.) Top Rice with Prepared Beef and Broccoli and serve with Egg rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment