On a side note- that dessert I was planning to make last week was also supposed to be made this week, but silly me bought strawberries, but didn't know we were out of orange juice...next week it is!
"Italian Beef Ragu"
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (about 14 ounces each) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes or black pepper
- 1 package (about 17 ounces) fully cooked beef pot roast*
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccini
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until translucent and slightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove pot roast from package; add au jus to tomato mixture. Break meat into 1- to 1 1/2-inch pieces. Add to tomato mixture; simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Serve ragu over fettuccini.