Wednesday, August 4, 2010

IWAD #8- Lonely

This week was not a normal IWAD night by any means (although it was on a Monday again). I enjoy cooking, don't get me wrong, but I enjoy cooking for others. Whether those people appreciate it I don't know, but I enjoy it anyways. This week my soux chef, Brandy, is out of town :( My husband, Mark, had to work late :( and I'm not drinking because we are working on getting pregnant :(

I was kind of counting on Mark to come home at a decent time because the dessert I was planning on making called for strawberries and we had eaten all of the ones I had bought on Sunday. I would have went out to buy more, but knowing myself I will go in to buy strawberries and leave with $100 grocery bill. So, no strawberries = no dessert.

The dinner I made (for my 2 yr old and myself) was "Spicy Italian Sausage & Penne Pasta". It was a pretty good and easy dish, but like I said, I enjoy cooking for others and even though my 2 yr old daughter enjoyed the dish it just wasn't the same. Mark did eat leftovers yesterday and he said it was pretty good also. Next week hopefully we can enjoy IWAD together again! Well, without Brandy :(

"Spicy Italian Sausage & Penne Pasta"

  • 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
  • 1 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
  • 1 cup chopped sweet onion
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 cans (about 14 ounces each) seasoned diced tomatoes
  • 3 cups broccoli florets
  • 1/2 cup shredded Asiago or Romano cheese
  1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return to saucepan; keep warm.
  2. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into large skillet. Add onion; cook and stir over medium-high heat until sausage is cooked through. Drain fat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and broccoli. Cover; cook 10 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
  3. Add sausage mixture to pasta; toss well. Sprinkle with Asiago cheese.

1 comment:

  1. This one sounds good! I want to try it when I get back.

    ReplyDelete